Thursday 12 July 2012

London Olympics Opening Ceremony Performer

Since my success on the recent TV documentary 'Stop My Stutter', I have gone on to something that Id never imagined doing in my lifetime, especially after over coming my stammer as I have gone on to audition for the London Olympic Opening Ceremony! After over coming nervous moments during the auditions and waiting for that dreadful email to say whether ive got the role or not, I am now 15 days away from appearing in what seems to be and from knowledge is deemed to be the best show on earth with an estimated audience of around 3 billion people world wide, plus the 80,000 seated in the stadium. (I should have started my journey at the start but i totally forgot!)

I am currently into my tenth week of rehearsals with 2 weeks of rehearsal dates to go and 15 days until the big day! I have gone from rehearsing at 3mills to Dagenham east to finally ending up at the Olympic Stadium here in Stratford, East London. From newspapers and the news the stadium looks very dull and boring but how i was proven wrong when I first arrived at the Olympic Stadium. It is absolutely fantastic! Earlier rehearsals I used to arrive late due to starting beyong the starting time as people were still checking in. But now I arrive early and dont want to leave the stadium, especially during night rehearsals as the atmosphere and the scene is breathtaking!

I cannot as of yet say what I will be doing in the Opening Ceremony and also cannot say what other scenes will take place as i am saving the big surprise for the opening night, on the 27th of July! But take it from me... the Opening Ceremony in London will be AMAZING! Whether it will beat the Beijing Olympic Opening Ceremony or not, it will be an enjoyable and one to watch and treasure for the rest of my life.

I will continue to blog from now up to the opening night.

Mohammed Shafi

No comments:

Post a Comment